For a cousin, and two good family friends, (and one for myself) I made 'ninja monkey bags.'
All four bags were upcycled, using old sheets and doona (duvet) covers as my fabrics.
And, I think they turned out really well.
I pretty much didn't deviate from the instructions, except I didn't use interfacing - I sewed the pockets on after I had sewn the bag together, so the pockets are sewn through both layers of fabric to give them stability. I also didn't include a button, or velcro closure.
Once again, I basically didn't take any photos of the process, because I was running short of time.
But, here are the after photos for each of the four bags:
My cousin's bag:
Family friend's bag:
Other Family Friend's bag:
The bag went with me to the coast, and I have to say, it's becoming one of my favourites.