Friday, May 27, 2011

Christmas Bags

This is yet another un-posted Christmas gifts post.

For a cousin, and two good family friends, (and one for myself) I made 'ninja monkey bags.'

All four bags were upcycled, using old sheets and doona (duvet) covers as my fabrics.

And, I think they turned out really well.

I used the awesome pattern and tutorial from craftistaci.

I pretty much didn't deviate from the instructions, except I didn't use interfacing - I sewed the pockets on after I had sewn the bag together, so the pockets are sewn through both layers of fabric to give them stability. I also didn't include a button, or velcro closure.

Once again, I basically didn't take any photos of the process, because I was running short of time.

But, here are the after photos for each of the four bags:

My bag:



My cousin's bag:



Family friend's bag:



Other Family Friend's bag:



The bag went with me to the coast, and I have to say, it's becoming one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment