The Strawberry Shortcake dress.
This is another knock-off from modcloth, based on their truly yours strawberry dress (although theirs is chiffon and mine is cheesecloth):
I made it months ago (seriously), and have worn it to a dance party, to my mother's graduation and not one but two weddings so far. And I really hadn't gotten any good photos of it to blog about. But, at the last wedding, it was perfect weather, and we got some good shots of the dress (although I did forget to photograph the shrug I made to wear with it that is the same pink as the midriff band... next time I guess).
This is another version of the burdastyle drape dress, and it's one of the three dresses I've made from the pattern so far. I'm very happy with this one - each of the pleats in the midriff band are basted into place to get them to stay though. I'm really happy with how well I lined them up. They match almost perfectly across the right hand side seam.
I didn't put the invisible zipper in perfectly on the left hand side seam, but I'm okay with that. I've worn the dress enough times that it's not really an issue any more.
I also made the fascinator that I'm wearing in each of these photos for a dance routine a few years ago, and I'm happy to be able to get a second chance to wear it.
fabric: lining 3 m poplin $4.55/m total $13.65; red band 5.m$16.60/m total $8.30; pink and silver fabric from stash; cheesecloth: 1.5m dark pink 1.5m dusky pink 1.25m light pink at $5.00/m total $21.25
notions: thread; zipper from stash
pattern: Burdastyle drape dress, used previously
All up, this is one of my favourite creations. It isn't the cheapest thing I've ever sewn, but it's also in no way the most expensive. It's comfortable, and pretty and makes me happy every time I wear it.