Wednesday, July 20, 2011

8 in 28 item 8

So, I think that I've taken longer than my prescribed 28 days to finish this challenge.

And you know what? I'm okay with that. Because even though it has taken me longer, I did finish it, I'm out of the weird rut I was in (well, not so weird, I know exactly why I was in the rut, I was just frustrated and didn't want to see anyone, or sew, or really do anything), and I had a successful weekend sewing.

So, without further ado, here is my final item. A navy blue 'swirl' skirt.

I picked this pattern up at an op shop for 50c, but I have a similar skirt in baby pink drill, and it's one of my favourite items of clothing - comfortable and swishy in all the right ways.

I got some navy stretch fabric - satin-y on one side, fairly matt on the other - from the op shop. It was 150cm wide, and about 2.5m long, which was perfect for this skirt. Because it uses a LOT of fabric. All the curves leave a lot of scrap fabric.

The zip went in really easily, which amazed me because I've never set a zip into a curve before.

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. I've worn it several times since making it, even though it has to be ironed every time (and I really really hate ironing).

DSCF4009


DSCF4005

Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment