Monday, June 13, 2011

8 in 28 Item 2 and Item 3



Items 2 and 3 of my 8 in 28 challenge: a BurdaStyle Tara top and a pair of Collette Patterns Madeleine mini bloomers. These cost me $2.50 (the cost of the Tara top) as I had everything I needed in my stash already. I used shirring rather than the elastic cords.

This is the second time that I have made the mini bloomers. The pattern is easy to make, and I find it really comfortable to wear as pj shorts (I sleep in shorts and a sleeveless top all year round). Using the shirring rather than elastic means that nothing cuts in as I sleep, so I don't end up with marks from my clothing when I wake up.



The directions for the Tara top are fairly confusing, so I mostly followed the awesome directions from Kathleen from Grosgrain, available here. I wear this top backwards to sleep in (just more practical that way, and because I used a stretch, works both ways). If I made this top again, I would probably add  a very narrow elastic into the flutter sleeve shoulder seam, and make a size smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment