As I had decided to go as a murderess, I needed my methods. I found a dagger-like letter opener, which I wore under my dress, held in place with garter elastic.
But, as this was under my dress, it wasn't particularly obvious. So, I added the more obvious element of small vials of poison.
These were super easy to make. The hardest part was finding the vials to begin with. In the end I picked them up in my local bead shop for 10c each. A huge thanks to the kind lady at bead street who sold them to me - they turned out to be perfect.
The vials had price stickers on them, which were easily cleaned using Eucalyptus Oil.
Once clean, I took thin cord, the same as I used to lace up the dress and on one of the straps, and made the hangings.
To do this, I firstly made a loop about half the length of the vial.
Then, I turned the end back, towards the top of the vial.
Next, about half way along the loop, I started to wrap the cord around the vial.
I wrapped a total of 4 times for most of the vials, and then cut the end off about 2mm past the original loop.
Next, I took some super glue, and glued the loose end down. I used a pin to hold it in place while the glue became tacky enough to hold it on its own.
Once the glue was dry enough for me to handle, I added jelly crystals and salt - five different colours - and then superglued the lids on (mainly because I don't know what jelly crystals or salt do to the nice suede soles of dance shoes, and didn't want to test the theory that it was bad for them).
And, with that, I had five vials of 'poison' to complete my outfit.
Lastly, to affix them to my dress, I sewed a row of buttons onto the dress, at the right hip.
Each of the loops fitted nicely onto the buttons.
Perfect! Murderess outfit completed. And, a day before it needed to be worn.