Monday, October 3, 2011

Self Stitched September Wrap Up

Do y'all remember my pledge, made at the very last minute to participate in Self-Stitchted-September 2011? No? Well, let me refresh your memories. (Let me just confirm that no, I do not, nor have I ever, lived in the south of America. But, I did live with a lovely Texan girl for a year when I went on exchange a few years back, and picked up y'all from her.)

Here's my pledge once more:

'I, fyre fairee, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to make at least 6 clothing items, and wear them in September, as well as wearing an additional two self-stitched garments each week for the duration of September 2011'


In other words, I need to wear 8 existing self stitched items, and sew an additional 6. I did okay with the challenge, although for the first two weeks I kept forgetting that I was meant to be wearing extra outfits AND should be photographing them.


I actually managed to sew 9 new items, and wore 7 other items, so I managed to exceed the 14 I wanted for the month.


So, let's break it down.


Self Stitched September 2011


 Self Stitched In September Items

1.Bias Tape Skirt 
2. Strawberry Cheesecake dress
3. 1950s skirt
4. machine embroidery feather (to be turned into a betsey bag)
6. Ascot Dress
7. Day After Dress
9. Nautical outfit
10. Blue Flowers Dress
13. Ruby shorts

Self Stitched Items

5. Duke of Edinburgh Skirt
8. Lace skirt + overskirt
11. navy swirl skirt
12. Olive Dress
14. Red lace-look dress

I also wore, but didn't photograph

15. Kimono tee and jeans
16. white upcycled singlet skirt

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely collection!

    My favourites are both red! The Day after dress and the red lace one. Both beautiful colours and lovely shapes.

    ReplyDelete